Youssef Belmabkhout has published 96 Publications, and has been cited 10294 times, with an H-index of 59, and verified reviews of 156. Dr. Belmabkhout is a Professor of Technology Development Cell, at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University.
Methodology of the report
The methodology that determines the “who’s who” of influential researchers draws on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts and data scientists at the Institute for Scientific Information™ at Clarivate.
The annual list identifies some 6,600 researchers from across the globe who demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade. The Highly Cited Researchers’ names are drawn from the publications that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index, and the list identifies the research institutions and countries where they are based.
The key findings for 2021 report
- 6,602 researchers from more than 70 countries and regions have been recognized.
- The USA is the institutional home for 2,622 of the Highly Cited Researchers in 2021, which amounts to 39.7%.
- Mainland China is second this year, with 935 Highly Cited Researchers, or 14.2%.
- The United Kingdom, with 492 researchers or 7.5%, comes in third.
- Australia has narrowly overtaken Germany at fourth, with 332 researchers, and the Netherlands is sixth, with 207 researchers – remarkable for countries of 25 million and 17 million, respectively, versus Germany’s 83 million. They also place above Canada, France, Spain and Switzerland in the top 10.
- Harvard University, home to 214 researchers, is the institution with the highest concentration of Highly Cited Researchers in the world.
- For the first time, researchers from Bangladesh, Kuwait, Mauritius, Morocco and the Republic of Georgia are included on the list this year.